Monday 24 September 2012

Wicca Moon: First Reading

I just received Wicca Moon Tarot today and I really like Alison's Autumn Equinox spread on This Game of Thrones, so I thought I would try both out together:

First of all, get the 16 Court Cards into a single section. It's very simple. Cards 1 and 2 are laid out as if at either end of a see-saw, and Card 3 goes in the middle.
Card 1: This is where I am unbalanced and deficient
Card 2: This is where I am unbalanced and over-endowed
Card 3: This Court brings me back into balance
Wicca Moon Tarot: 6 of Swords, K&Q of Swords, 2 of Swords
 First thought: Wow, am I doing a lot of overthinking or what! All those swords, all that air. Hot air? Possibly.

Card One is 6 of Swords -- the card of moving on. The card of letting go of defeat, or defeatist thinking. Usually this card is associated with some real experience being moved on from, but in my case, I think it's just imaginary stuff.

Card Two is 2 of Swords. Notice how the points of the swords cross, pinpointing something (in this case a dragonfly that has been whirring around). I see this card as meaning I scrutinize every tiny thing too closely. Possibly that I try too hard to think everything through and control everything, to the point that I have blinded myself too much.

So I am under-endowed with 'get-over-it,' and over-endowed with a tendency to stick my fingers in my ears and sing 'la la la' when I am faced with a decision or a truth I don't want to see. Stubborn little air sign that I am. Funnily enough, the way to bring me back to balance is not from another suit, but yet more Swords. This time the King and Queen of Swords. Wicca Moon combines the King and Queen into one card. There is no explanation for why, as there is no LWB with this deck, but Chloe at Inner Whispers suggests the marriage or balance of the mature aspects of the suit. I like that, and it does sit well with the deck's Wiccan theme.

Basically, I see the King & Queen card as telling me that I don't need to change my basic nature, my very Swords nature, but that I need to just grow up. I need to balance the masculine and feminine aspects of the Swords suit. Emotional maturity will help me to move on from troubled thoughts, as well as face up to harsh truths. Well, I didn't need tarot to tell me that. But it is very useful to see that I do not have to try to be all Wands or Cups about life. I can still be Swordsy and be balanced. That's nice.

So. What am I overthinking? Pretty much I overthink every thing that happens to me all day long. Learning to let go of each moment rather than playing it out again and again so that I can examine it for more evidence to support my little story of me as a failure--that would be a good skill to hone! And what am I postponing, ignoring, or being stubborn about? Lots of things, but lately, it's been the question of where to go next. Ah ha! The 6 of Swords could be this reluctance to move on to the next phase! Oh ho! Yes that must be it. We've been wondering if we should start thinking about ... I dread to say it ... buying a house. (Yikes!) And our minds have been so made up about how impossible it is for so long... like that blindfolded chick in the RWS 2 of Swords. Could the united K&Q of Swords be hubby and me facing up to the truth of our situation and making an informed decision?

Well. Possibly...


6 comments:

  1. Carla! That would be a switch, you've always thought it would be impossible to buy a house! Then again, so did I when I first moved to Australia and saw how very much more expensive they were than in small town Wisconsin. Best of luck, should you decide to give it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your description of the balance - not enough get-over-it and too much la-la-la ;D

    It's good to see the notion that you don't have to change your basic self, just find a more balanced way of expressing it.

    Good luck with the house hunting - that'll take plenty of swords-y checking the details, and being clear about what you want and need :)

    I tried this out, too, and got the King of Cups as my balancer - sods law after slagging him off last week ;) http://www.innerwhisperscouk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/alis-autumn-spread.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, no house hunting! Independent financial adviser hunting first. We don't even know what our options are yet. This will be a long process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla - this is GREAT! So pleased that you gave my spread a whirl! I think your interpretations are really good and echo what Chloe says - just finding a more balanced way of expressing yourself.

    Ali xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what a more balanced way of expressing myself would be. Hm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We finally did buy a house in 2016. My 50th birthday made it a now or never proposition.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: