Friday 28 September 2012

Wicca Moon: Reflective Daily Draw

Wicca Moon by Shirlee@Wicca Moon
What did I do well yesterday?
What do I need to carry forward into today?
And what should I be on the lookout for today?

The exuberant 3 of Cups dominates this draw. I do think it's very pretty indeed, and certainly conjures up a feeling of celebration. It will be a busy day today, as we are preparing for an event tomorrow. I'm sure there will be confusion, and thus the 7 of Wands. But the cards remind me that there is always cause for joy, even in moments of conflict--if nothing else, in realising that these moments will soon pass! And for me, at my level at work, I can always fall back on the comforting notion that I am not really responsible for anything going well or poorly; I'm merely a foot soldier and that's the way I like it. So there is that cause of celebration.


The High Priest, I see as pointing toward my observance of meditation time and maintenance of my new elemental/faerie altar. Funny story about that faerie altar. I've only just put it out recently, with a little winged figure in the east for air/sylphs, a couple of little gnome figures and rocks in the north for earth/gnomes, a small bowl of water in the west for water/undines, and a lantern in the south for fire/salamanders. With the Ace card from each suit from the Tarot of the Sidhe at each quarter as well. For the last few days, I have neither lit a candle nor changed the water. I sort of forgot the altar was there. (It's on my bedside table). Yesterday morning, I could NOT find my glasses. They were not in any of the usual places. And I must add, I usually put them on the bedside table. I searched until I was nearly late for work. I looked every where, and finally gave up and wore an old pair of glasses (the ones I use for working out).  It was on the walk to work that it occurred to me that I'd read somewhere than if we set out a faerie altar and begin to try to work with them, that they may become mischievous and playing tricks on us. I have done nothing but put out an altar with an intention of working with them. I've not even used it yet! Well, I decided that when I got home I would change the water and light the candles. I walked in the flat and started looking for the glasses. I found them sitting on top of my drum by my meditation space. Now I can't swear that I looked there yesterday morning during the search, but they were right out in the open and I found them nearly instantly. I brought the glasses into the living room and rinsed out the water bowl and lit the faerie candles. :)

5 comments:

  1. I had to laugh when you got to the tale of your missing glasses. I wondered about this faerie alter. I've heard warnings of even having faerie cards. The faeries are a mischievous bunch. Then, you tell of your missing glasses. And, I thought yep, that's why I pass on the faerie decks. :) Good luck with them faeries.

    Be sure to keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at that, too. They don't want to be forgotten and ignored, clearly :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I had to laugh as well. Such a cute story although probably a little frustrating when your glasses were no where to be found. I guess you know now :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, I had to laugh as well. Such a cute story although probably a little frustrating when your glasses were no where to be found. I guess you know now :)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny about the fairies! I love those kinds of stories. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: