Friday 8 July 2016

We are The World

Jean Dodal Tarot, Flornoy 2009 
Hello, World! Don't see you very often in my daily draws and readings. How ya doing?  What do you have to say to me today?

Everything is perfect as it is.  (Yoav Ben-Dov, The Open Reading)

What are you, kidding me? Day before yesterday I drew the 10 of Batons -- my house buying troubles, the EU Referendum, what about those two black Americans gunned down by shrieking, panicked white police officers in the US in the last day or two, and refugees and war and famine and injustice and all those other things that I see and worry about? What about those? Now everything's perfect as it is?

I am not about the things of this world. I am The World.

Right. ...
What?

I am the soul operating within the limitations of physical being. I represent your being 'in the world, but not of the world.' I am about finding your place in the world and discovering your oneness with everyone and everything in it. (James Ricklef, The Soul's Journey: Finding Spiritual Messages in the Tarot)

Umm. What if I don't want to be one with everything in this world?

It's not about what you want, it's about what is. You are already one with The World. I am the realisation of this. 

The world is a dangerous place. We're all in tremendous peril.

We're all having the same experience -- life and then death. There's no difference between you and everyone else. None. 

It feels like some people in the world are out to get everyone else. Or that they don't mind chewing up and spitting out others to get what they want. That's not a world I want to be a part of.

And yet in some ways you are the same. You just don't see it from the point of view of those you, even indirectly,  'chew up and spit out' to get what you want. 

Are you talking about consumerism?

Haven't you even thought about that word? What does it mean to 'consume'? Who or what is being consumed? But I don't want you to go to a dark place or feel guilty. That does not help. I want you to realise your oneness and look at things from that higher point of view. 

Oh. I just heard that there have been more shootings in Dallas. Police officers targeted by snipers. What am I supposed to do? How am I supposed to feel?

Feel how you feel. Feelings are okay. I am not here to change the world, I am The World. The more who realise me, the less likely it will be that the circumstances that lead up to atrocities committed upon each other will occur. It is not for you to change the world. You cannot save it. It doesn't need saving. It needs to wake up, and that can happen only one sleeper at a time. 

This seems kind of heavy for a Friday and a daily draw.

Okay, how about this: There's a world of information out there, but the art is in knowing what to do with it (Camelia Elias, Marseille Tarot).

I can cope with that. And it gives me permission to process all the bad things in my own way. Thanks, World.

De nada. 

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8.7.16

    Great conversation with The World! I so want to save the world and have to constantly remind myself that I can't - that all I can do is my own small part.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment here: